Past Renaissance Festivals and groups we went with
- 1998 RenFest In 1998, we had a large group of people attend RenFest with us. Alex and Amanda Lamb drove up from Florida, Katie Bowersox came in from Houston, and we brought John & Lynette, Kenn & Jen and Alyxa, and Mark with us. On a second weekend, my brother Greg came down from Louisville, KY, to enjoy the festivities.
- 1999 Scarborough Faire Spring 1999, we went up to Waxahatchie, TX, to Scarborough Faire. It was too warm for costumes (IMHO), but we had a good time anyhow. We travelled north with Mark, John, and Jennifer and her son Kevin. We met up with my sister-in-law Christy, and her son TJ, and their friend Brandy and her daughter Morgan.
- 1999 RenFest In 1999, we took our friends Daun and Dave with us. It was Daun's first trip, and she had such a good time, she bought the dress she is wearing in the pictures! Jay bought a kilt and fancy leather boots this year. I'm wearing a costume I made for myself before I knew anything about making costumes.
- 2000 RenFest In 2000, we rented a mini-van and took a whole crew with us to RenFest. We took Mark, Elizabeth Zakes (from my choir), and Debbie and Stephen Touchet (from the summer musical productions). We met up with Joseph and Nat from Spring, TX. Note: I made my entire costume this year (out of wool - HOT and ITCHY!) as a test to myself.
- 2001 RenFest In 2001, we took along Mark when my brother Greg came down from Louisville for another go at the festival. We camped out at a state park north of Houston and drove in for two days of fun and feasting. We met up with Britton and his buddy one of the days, as well and our sister-in-law and Jay's brother with their family. Note: I made Greg's entire costume (minus shoes), and Britton's blue shirt. I also made my entire ensemble this year.
- 2002 RenFest As you will be able to tell, this was the year Bill was born. My parents drove down from Louisville, KY, and then took us to the RenFest in their RV. We went for two days, and met up with my mom's long time friend, Penny Skov, from Houston while we were there. NOTE: I made my mother's ensemble - and she thought it very comfy and loved the purple I picked out for the skirt. My dad fell in love with the MUSIC OF THE SPHERES booth, and they bought an alto chime to take home - I'm jealous!
- 2003 RenFest This was a smaller year for us. We only went down for one day, but we did caravan with the Dormers again, and brought Kenn with us. We meandered around the grounds quite a bit, and just had a lazy day. Kevin loved riding the dragon swings, and Kenn and the Dormers all enjoyed the joust. Kevin got his first sword this year too! Now, if only I can get the rest of them in costume with me next year. I got Bill into costume, because his Godmother Daun bought him a kilt in Scotland earlier this fall - doesn't he look CUTE? NOTE: I updated my costume again this year, adding an overskirt to the bodice I bought in 2001.
- 2004 Scarborough FaireWe took a chance on Scarborough again. We mucked about quite a bit in the muddy and humid grounds, but still found time to get Alyxa's hand done in wax, Bill to dance while we listened to the Rogues, Alyxa rode the swings with Daddy, we saw a helicopter land on the highway, got caught in the mud in the truck, and Bill played at Burger King while we watched!
- 2004 RenFestWe took two trips this year, one was a day trip at the end of October (1st 5 pictures), then a full weekend trip. We had quite a few people on the weekend trip, including Jay's brother and family for Saturday, Gary and Kris Godfrey, Christi and her man David, ourselves, Kenn and Alyxa, and the Dormer Family joined us on Sunday. We found that Bill still loves a carousel ride, Alyxa can eat more turkey leg than her daddy, and Christi looks wonderful in a doeskin bodice. Temperatures were nice and cool, in the upper 60s, and coasting to the low 60s by Sunday afternoon. A great time was had by all, but we are all in agreement that we're now officially TIRED!